- Best for slow cooked dishes
- An average package contains 2 lamb shanks
- The shank is the section of meat and bone that sits above the knee joint and below the leg. Shanks are prepared from a forequarter and from a leg by a cut through the joint that connects it to either the shoulder bone or the leg bone.
- Frenched shanks, or drumsticks, have had the bone portion of the shank scraped clean of meat.
- Click here to see the Lamb Cut Chart
- Try our Recipe for Cranberry Lamb Shanks or Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks with Thyme and Balsamic
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Small but flavour filled lamb shanks. 4 was more than enough for 2x adults & 3x primary children. Cooked slow the meat was so tender and melted In the mouth.
Absolutely beautiful but a little small.
Since they were small I made a very nice chickpea and vegetable stew in the pressure cooker and the flavour was very good and the lamb was very tender, I am not much of a meat eater but it is nice to know the meat is from free range animals that are grass fed. The Free Range Butcher provides me with good customer service and delivery is fast. Thank you.
You can really taste the meat and tell it's free range. Unlike ordinary meat that claims to be free range from the supermarkets ... this one doesn't give my husband a headache or migraine. That says a lot about the quality!
Thank you The Free Range Butcher.
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?