- THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY AND WILL SHIP WITH THE BALANCE OF YOUR ORDER IN JULY
- Premium Free Range, Pasture Fed Ham
- Awarded a Silver Medal at the 2014 AND 2015 Fine Food Awards as well as a Bronze Medal at the 2016 & 2017 Awards
- An average Whole Bone-in Ham weighs 7.0 kilos and is $29.99/kg
- A Whole Leg of Ham will serve up to 25 people (This assumes Ham is the only meat you’ll be serving. If you’re also serving other meats (plus veggies and salads), then the Ham will serve more people. Remember, it’s great to have leftovers too!)
- Our ham is provided to you already cured and cooked and ready to eat. It is delicious sliced and served cold. Alternatively it can be glazed and heated in the oven. Glazing is just an option if you want to infuse a bit more flavour in to the ham and eat it warm.
- Beer and Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
- Baked Ham with Orange and Mustard Glaze
- Baked Ham with Maple Syrup and Clove Glaze
- Asian Inspired Baked Ham
- Tropical Ham Salad
STORING YOUR HAM:
- Rinse your Ham Bag in a solution of water and one tablespoon of vinegar and squeeze out the excess.
- Remove the ham from the plastic wrapping and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Place your ham in the Ham Bag and refrigerate.
- Rinse out your Ham Bag every 3 days to retain freshness.
- Keep your Ham Bag moist.
ARTICLES ABOUT FREE RANGE HAM:
- How to Choose Ethical, Sustainable and Traceable Food this Christmas
- Ethics, Sustainability, Traceability and Pricing
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This was the first time I have ordered a ham from the Free Range Butcher and I was not disappointed! This ham was moist, tasty and tender. Highly recommend!!
As always the ham was delicious and claimed many compliments at our Christmas dinner table. Thanks once again can’t wait till next year.
Ham was amazing, perfect for glazing with a good layer of fat. Delivery efficient. Will be a return customer!
Well done Free Range Butcher!
The ham took pride of place at our table after a little fancy basting!
The texture and flavour of the ham was spot on.
Yet again Ben, Alison and the team have delivered not only the best ham on the planet, but also a superb shopping experience. Keep up the great work guys.
We have had the Pasture Fed free range ham for a couple of years now. This year I splurged on a whole ham. When it arrived I had qualms, fearing that it was too large. Need not have worried. On Christmas Day we carved a huge plateful which disappeared in seconds. They all loved it - with good reason. It was full of flavour, with a wonderful texture and looked good. As my daughter carved it she said "This must have been a very happy pig"
We are still eating it and still enjoying it..
This is our second year of purchasing a Ham from the free range butcher and we were not disappointed.
So easy to order on line, delivered to the door in a well insulated foam box. The ham was succulent and moist.
Will be ordering again for 2015 xmas. Thanks
This was absolutely the tastiest ham we have ever had for Christmas. I cooked it using a Donnay Hay recipe I saw on her TV show. It was easily the easiest and tastiest ham we've ever had.
I've bought these hams for two years in a row at Christmas and will continue to do so. Beautifully moist, tasty and smoky. In my opinion, it's absolutely worth spending the money on a high-quality ham from a happy pig. It went a long way in terms of the meat feeding people and nothing went to waste - the ham-bone made some delicious stock, and the skin lends a lovely smoky flavour to stews or home-made baked beans.
We deliver every week between Friday midnight and Saturday 7am. The minimum amount for home delivery is $79 + $20 delivery.
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?