- Grass Fed Beef Tongue
- Price per kilo $11.00
- Beef tongue (also known as neat's tongue or ox tongue) is a cut of beef made of the tongue of a cow. It can be boiled, pickled, roasted or braised in sauce. It is found in many national cuisines, used for taco fillings in Mexico, and for open-faced sandwiches in the United States. In France and Belgium it is served with Madeira sauce, while chrain is the preferred accompaniment in Ashkenazi and Eastern European cuisines. Germans make white roux with vinegar and capers, or horseradish cream, also popular in Polish cuisine.
- Beef tongue is often seasoned with onion and other spices, and then placed in a pot to boil. After it has cooked the skin is removed. Pickled tongue is often used because it is already spiced. If cooked in a sauce, it can then later be reused as a sauce for meatballs or any other food item.
- Another way of preparing beef tongue is to scald it in hot water and remove the skin, then roast the tongue in an oven, using the pan drippings to prepare a gravy.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?