- Grass Fed Beef
- Great roast for the family (blade roast)
- Best slow cooked to medium rare
- Beef blade roast is from the shoulder blade of the beef. It is a very flavourful cut that is versatile enough to be cooked whole as a roast, sliced into steaks and cooked on the barbecue or in a pan, thinly sliced for a stir-fry or diced for slow cooking in a braise or casserole.
- Click here to see the Beef Cut Chart
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I used this cut for a pot roast, slow cooked for many hours and it was melt in your mouth delicious
This beef is really awesome...what I love about it most is that when I make gravy from the juices it has almost no fat compared with a normal butchers beef....
I bought the blade roast and after seasoning it with olive oil and salt and pepper cooked it in a very slow oven around 75c turning it every 30 mins. After an hour and a half I tested the core temp when it reached 55-60 degrees I took it out, probably around the 3 hour mark. I browned it in a frying pan and then rested it for a half hour. This recipe was adapted from a Neil Perry recipe and I have to say the meat was so tender. Great for sandwiches the next day!
Thank you for providing such a quality product to feed our family of four for 2 nights running. It has been a long time since I have tasted a roast that actually melted in your mouth! If this is the blade steak roast, I am looking forward to trying the Scotch Fillet!
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?