THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY
- This item will be delivered week commencing 17 December
- Any other items ordered at the same time will be included in the delivery week commencing 17 December (i.e. no split delivery date for some items)
All our Turkeys are Free Range and Organic and supplied by GreenAg.
An average Free Range Organic Turkey weighs 5.0kg
Price per kilo is $29.60
- Cooking Tip: Brining Your Turkey
- Cooking Guide for the Perfect Roast Turkey
- Recipe: Turkey with Apricot and Almond Stuffing
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Once again the Free Range Butcher have sourced excellent birds for our Christmas tables (one for Christmas Eve and another for Christmas Day), which meant we had lots of yummy leftovers.
We took the plunge this year and used the suggested brining method for extra moistness - what a winner! Even had a container and fridge space so we didn't need to worry about topping up with ice.
Had to leave the basting on both occasions in the charge of husband and sons, they are the champions. They even decided to use some husband-made apricot jam for a last minute glaze, super golden skin was the result - an absolute winner on the table. Have also given up carving before hand and just carve at the table onto people's plates, too easy.
Looking forward to another Easter Sunday turkey, makes it another special family celebration.
Thanks again to the team for working so hard for us all every Christmas and throughout the year.
Delicious succulent turkey as always. It was completely devoured at the dinner table not a left over is sight.
Thanks you for going above and beyond to ensure it was delivered on time.
Succulent, tasty and just the right size. Used Delia Smith's recipe for cooking turkey which works well for me. Stuffed with pork and sage stuffing and chestnut stuffing.
Full of flavour.
Delivered as promised. Well packed. Excellent quality. Excellent flavour.
A large bird (nearly 6kgs). On Christmas morning stuffed with homemade force met stuffing the chestnut stuffing. Used Delia Smith's method, wrapping the bird in foil until 30 minutes before end of cooking time, then allowing 30 minutes to rest. A succulent bird, with moist flesh it fed 15 people so well that the anticipated left overs were very modest. What is now left will be turned into stock. These are the tastiest and best turkeys we have ever had and leave the frozen supermarket product for dead.
We deliver every week between Friday midnight and Saturday 7am. The minimum amount for home delivery is $79 + $20 delivery.
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?