- THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY
- YOUR COMPLETE ORDER WILL ARRIVE ON SATURDAY 21ST DECEMBER
- Premium Free Range, Pasture Fed Ham
- Awarded a Silver Medal at the 2014 AND 2015 Fine Food Awards as well as a Bronze Medal at the 2016 & 2017 Awards
- Awarded BEST BONE-IN HAM in NSW 2017 at the Australian Pork Awards
- An average Half Bone-in Ham weighs 4.0 kilos and is $29.99/kg
- A Half Leg of Ham will serve up to 15 people (This assumes Ham is the only meat you’ll be serving. If you’re also serving other meats (plus veggies and salads), then the Ham will serve more people. Remember, it’s great to have leftovers too!)
- Our ham is provided to you already cured and cooked and ready to eat. It is delicious sliced and served cold. Alternatively it can be glazed and heated in the oven. Glazing is just an option if you want to infuse a bit more flavour in to the ham and eat it warm.
- Baked Ham with Orange and Mustard Glaze
- Baked Ham with Maple Syrup and Clove Glaze
- Asian Inspired Baked Ham
- Tropical Ham Salad
- Beer and Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
STORING YOUR HAM:
- Rinse your Ham Bag in a solution of water and one tablespoon of vinegar and squeeze out the excess.
- Remove the ham from the plastic wrapping and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Place your ham in the Ham Bag and refrigerate.
- Rinse out your Ham Bag every 3 days to retain freshness.
- Keep your Ham Bag moist.
ARTICLES ABOUT FREE RANGE HAM:
- How to Choose Ethical, Sustainable and Traceable Food this Christmas
- Ethics, Sustainability, Traceability and Pricing
- Free Range Pasture Fed Pork
- Mineral Salts (451, 452)
- Antioxidant (316)
- Preservative (250)
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We had this ham for Christmas last year and thought it was the best ham ever!
This was the most amazing ham! We glazed it for Christmas and then made pea and ham soup with the bone - it was honestly the most flavoursome soup I have ever made. Looking forward to ordering another one next Christmas!
Thank you Ben for such a wonderful Christmas ham. It was honestly the best ham we've ever had. We had lots of positive comments about it on Christmas Day. We look forward to ordering another one this year.
The best tasting ham ever. Not too much smoke with great flavor. Kept fresh in fridge in bag for as long as it took the two of us to eat it. Gave some to friends and they said it was the nicest ham they had tasted and were going to buy some.
We didn't baulk at the cost as we love our meat from The Free Range Butcher, and the ham didn't disappoint. We glazed the ham with maple syrup, and baked for about 1 hour. It was fantastic!
We took a leap of faith (going on other reviews) and ordered a half leg of ham this Christmas from you. A resounding success! Not only was the ham moist and flavoursome, but we were mindful that the pig had been raised under optimum conditions by a dedicated farmer, and that certainly added to the whole experience. We enjoyed it for 14 days (and it kept really well in a moist ham bag) - so roll on the next occasion for a Free Range Ham!
We bought half a ham for Christmas this year after having one last year. I glazed it using a jar of home made Seville marmalade, brown sugar (Billingtons Molaases) mustard and a touch of vinegar.
The result was succulent. Second helpings were unanimous. The hint of smokiness added to the allure. We finished it by Twelfth Night having rationed the family. Verdict Superb!
As I sit here munching on a piece of ham I can best describe it as gorgeous. It has that lovely smoked taste and there is very little fat. I don't think our ham is going to last until Christmas!
I've bought my Christmas ham from here for the past two years and I will again this year as it is by far the nicest ham I've ever eaten!
They also provide fantastic, friendly customer service - the first year I got the ham delivered they explained exactly how to carve the ham & store it properly, as I had mentioned it was my first time hosting Christmas lunch, & the second year they asked how I had gone cooking for my first Christmas lunch last year. I was blown away by the fact they remembered this detail a year later & that they were friendly enough to enquire! You just don't receive that kind of customer service very often.
I highly recommend both the ham & this company. :-)
We deliver every week between Friday midnight and Saturday 7am. The minimum amount for home delivery is $79 + $20 delivery.
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?