- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS 30TH NOVEMBER 2018
- THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY
- Delivered Saturday 22nd December (No Split Deliveries)
- Premium Free Range, Pasture Fed Ham
- Awarded a Silver Medal at the 2014 AND 2015 Fine Food Awards as well as a Bronze Medal at the 2016 & 2017 Awards
- Awarded BEST BONE-IN HAM in NSW 2017 at the Australian Pork Awards
- An average Half Bone-in Ham weighs 4.0 kilos and is $29.99/kg
- A Half Leg of Ham will serve up to 15 people (This assumes Ham is the only meat you’ll be serving. If you’re also serving other meats (plus veggies and salads), then the Ham will serve more people. Remember, it’s great to have leftovers too!)
- Our ham is provided to you already cured and cooked and ready to eat. It is delicious sliced and served cold. Alternatively it can be glazed and heated in the oven. Glazing is just an option if you want to infuse a bit more flavour in to the ham and eat it warm.
- Baked Ham with Orange and Mustard Glaze
- Baked Ham with Maple Syrup and Clove Glaze
- Asian Inspired Baked Ham
- Tropical Ham Salad
- Beer and Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
STORING YOUR HAM:
- Rinse your Ham Bag in a solution of water and one tablespoon of vinegar and squeeze out the excess.
- Remove the ham from the plastic wrapping and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Place your ham in the Ham Bag and refrigerate.
- Rinse out your Ham Bag every 3 days to retain freshness.
- Keep your Ham Bag moist.
ARTICLES ABOUT FREE RANGE HAM:
- How to Choose Ethical, Sustainable and Traceable Food this Christmas
- Ethics, Sustainability, Traceability and Pricing
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Once again a fantastic ham, flavoursome and juicy.
Always choose a free range butchers ham. Its the best! Have found other hams to be salty & watery. We glazed our ham & served warm, absolutely delicious. We have just finished the left overs & the ham bone is safely tucked away in the freezer for winter soups.
What can I say when you have never done a Ham before for Christmas, I ordered this blindly and thought why not give it a go.
Turns out it was so easy to glaze and to bbq!
The ham tasted so good, not too salty, juicy and better than any other bought deli ham.
Will be confident buying the next time round with you guys.
Just loved the free range half leg of ham. Delicious, subtle smoked flavour and soft delicate texture - not rubbery like some hams are. Didn't last as long as I'd like only because it was so yummy! My family loved it too.
The best part of this ham is that it came from a free range pig. If only more people went free range. Happy piggies and happy people. You can have both worlds!
Ordered this for Christmas. Used the orange glaze recipe on this site. It was amazing! My dad said the best ham he''s ever tasted!! Will definitely order next year.
Lovely ham, very good quality product. The whole ordering online and delivery process were seamless. Will order again!
Perfect Christmas ham, as always!
First time buying a ham from The Free Range Butcher - it was definitely worth the extra cost - we will buy again!
Lots of flavour and very moist. We glazed ours in the BBQ using one of their recipes. Everyone commented on how lovely the ham was.
I bought the half leg for our Christmas lunch with husband, son (chef) and daughter in law. This was without a doubt the best ham that we have had, absolutely delicious!! We could actually taste the meat and not all the chemicals normally associated with ham products. I cooked the ham by following the recipe on the web site, so simple & tasty.
I would like to say it lasted a couple of weeks in the fridge (like hams in the past) however, we loved it so much that we ate it for breakfast, lunch & dinner and it was all gone within a few days...
Thank you to the Free Range butcher for producing such fine quality pork, we will not buy our ham from anywhere else.
Ani & Sandy
I was very happy with the free-range Christmas Ham - it was extra delicious. Also, it kept fresh in the fridge until finished - two weeks, then I made pea & ham soup with the bone - yum. I would definitely buy it again next Xmas.
We deliver every week between Friday midnight and Saturday 7am. The minimum amount for home delivery is $79 + $20 delivery.
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?