Anyone can cook a piece of beef, but how do you prepare the perfect steak? Journalist Marcus Polman (an avowed meatarian) visited the kitchens of the best steakhouse in New York and famous Parisian brasseries to find out. He spoke with professional butchers, farmers, chefs and other culinary experts and shares their secrets for preparting mouth-watering steaks in this book.
- The difference in meat quality from various cattle breeds
- The attributes, qualities and textures of 19 cuts of steak
- How to select the perfect cut from the butcher
- How to determine doneness and create beautiful grill marks
- How to season, sear, pan fry, and dry age a steak
- Perfect wines to pair with your steak
- Plus 25 world famous recipes
Answers to our most commonly asked questions are available on the delivery page.
- Where does The Free Range Butcher deliver to?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- Is there a shipping fee for home delivery?
- How do I pay for a home delivery order?
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- When are orders delivered?
- How will my goods be packaged for delivery?
- How long will the products keep for?
- What if the goods that I want aren't listed on your website?